Monday, November 3, 2014

Monthly Progress Report - October 2014

First month on record.  I'm only a very few days into tracking my progress and this is the first monthly report.

Overall, in the month of October I have mostly continued my previous course while starting to navigate on my future course.  Here is a summary of the last month's transfers:

  • Deposited and funded $200 worth into my Lending Club (LC) account.
  • Transferred $1500 into my main savings to fund an emergency account.  This account also serves as my 'future car payments'.  Since I have no loans now, I am depositing funds into the account with the mindset of eventually having to replace the car.
  • Transferred $50 into the dream account.  This is just an off-shoot of the main savings and I am not intending on drawing from it anytime soon.
  • Made pre-tax deposits in my work's 457(b) plan.  An automatic draw of $120 every 2 weeks.
  • Auto funded the wife's IRA at $150/mo.
  • Started and purchased $200 worth of shares at Loyal3 (L3).  I made 4 different purchases of $50 each and bought into:
    • Coke (KO) - Looked like a good buy because of the drop earlier
    • Intel (INTC) - I wanted to start a diversified base and build from there.  I never said I was good at this, but I'm in it for the long haul.
    • Unilever (UL) - This was one of those buzz stocks people were talking about and the numbers looked good
    • Activision (ATVI) - because it looked cool, I'm a gamer and it had a small dividend.  Again, in it for the long haul and I will reference my username for this and several other buys in the future.
So, the monthly haul included almost exclusively interest gained and very little dividends.  I'm hoping this will start to turn around as the months go by, but I know I have to be patient.  Interest was gained from my cash accounts along with my LC account.  No dividend this month from my wife's IRA, that should come quarterly.  The only dividend recorded came from my 457 plan which was negated by the fee charged...whoopee!



SavingsTotalLast Month Dep10/2014 Int/Div
Main Savings$8,928.19$1,500.00$6.64
Dream Account$2,277.35$50.00$1.82
CD (2.15%)$1,012.97$0.00$1.83
Lending Club$1,133.35$200.00$10.67
Loyal3$203.27$200.00$0.00
ATVI$52.33$50.00
KO$50.93$50.00
INTC$50.39$50.00
UL$49.88$50.00
457(b) Plan$31,406.27$360.00-$0.01
Wife IRA$68,427.00$150.00$0.00
$113,388.40$2,460.00$20.95

6 comments:

  1. Nice looking setup so far! I am a fan of the P2P lending on top of equities, and would love to hear more of your experiences with investment strategy and so forth. I've been investing with Lending Club for over 5.5 years, so I enjoy hearing and discussing other's experiences in that regard. You should add a year-to-date passive income column so we know the current month's income as well as how you're doing overall!

    Best of luck as you start blogging and continue on your financial journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks W2R, Lending Club has been the bread winner of the small accounts so far for me. I missed out on a total summary of Sept, but my wife's IRA is pulling down good dividends every quarter. I've just updated my spreadsheet to include a year to date column and going forward these monthly updates will show it. Until then, it will be on my portfolio page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your recent update with us. I haven't started the LC or Prosper yet though many bloggers are hopping on board the lending phenomena. I like your KO and UL holdings in your dividend income portfolio. I happen to own both as well. Look forward to your updates in the coming weeks and months and seeing how your passive income stream is growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by DivHut. LC has been fun so far, let's hope I don't screw it up too much! ;)

      Delete
  4. Is your Wife's IRA ROTH or Traditional? (Tax up front or tax deferred)? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The IRA, 457 and my pension deposits (not listed here) are all tax-deferred deposits. All my cash, LC, individual stock accounts are tax-now accounts.

      Delete