Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Recent Buy

Just a quicky buy today as part of my goal to invest at least $100 a month using Loyal3. I expect December to be kind of a slow month for investing for me.  The Neon just took a crap and is on it's way to clunker heaven.  So the wife and I are contemplating our options moving forward as either a 1 car family or purchasing an affordable replacement.  But, anywho... on to the investments!

I decided to add funds to Unilever (UL) and Coke (KO).  I already had small positions in both and I added a little bit more to each.  I bought $50 worth of UL resulting in 1.246 more shares and bought $51 worth of KO resulting in 1.2509 additional shares.  These purchases came without fees through Loyal3.

Where does the $51 come from you ask?  Well, this past month I received my very first dividends from individual stock purchases!  I received dividends from INTC, MAT and UL.  It's not much and I have been receiving dividends through my retirement accounts for awhile, but getting your first from individual stock purchases is exciting.  Yipee!  So I re-invested that income into $1 extra of Coke.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! UL and KO close to $40 is always a good time to buy.

    Sorry about the car. Hope things work out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked both companies before, when they were about this price. And I still like the companies now. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your first dividend at L3! Try the one car option as long as you can, that second car really eats into income.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been 2 cars for so long, that it will be a hard temptation to pass. We were also considering a car to supplement my truck. Using the car as the primary. But anywho... Thanks for commenting.

      Delete